Our fourth week traveling abroad was our first week in Thailand and by far the toughest one to date. It started with a really long travel day from Bali that got both of our allergies flaring up, then we were met with a lot of rain in a really unforgiving environment. Towards the end of the week Darlene’s cough was back and we both got hit with food poisoning.
However, when we look back at the stuff we filmed and photographed, we can’t help but be reminded of the good times we had in between all the rough patches, mishaps, discomfort, and frustrations. That’s definitely one of the perks to only pulling the camera out when things are going well!
Sure, we are still “living the dream” and having amazing experiences, but this week was a harsh reminder that there’s always more than meets the eye, and there’s always another perspective to consider.
Hopefully our immune systems pick back up, bringing our spirits with them so we can get back to a healthy and fun routine as we make our way through Chiang Mai.
Here’s some of what you can expect to see in this week’s video update…
– We hiked to a lookout point in a cave.
– We kayaked around the limestone cliffs of the Railay beaches.
– We showed off our $11/night bungalow…MTV Cribs style.
– We rock climbed in one of the best places in the world to do it.
– We balanced across a slack line.
– We came across a 6ft lizard roaming around a restaurant while we were eating.
– We walked up more than 1,200 stairs to the top of a temple.
– We explain how the week wore us down!
Week 4 Travel Vlog Update from Tonsai Bay and Krabi